Wednesday, November 9, 2016

so much angst


People are losing their minds over this election.  And nothing has changed yet.   

Except it's all changed.  

It's acceptable now to be openly racist at work.  And to make sexist jokes during a professional presentation.  That bothers me a lot.  I hope it calms down soon.  But I'm a smidge apprehensive that we will regress as a society in the next four years.  Although I suppose we aren't regressing.  People are merely showing their true colors. 

I understand that people are sick and tired of being lied to and stepped on.  Me, too!  I didn't vote for Trump, but I'm not so naive that I don't understand how it happened.  Maybe this is the shitty catalyst we need to make progress.  I'm adopting a wait-and-see attitude.

To sum up, just because I'm white please don't assume that I want to hear white supremacy bullshit.  I like diversity.  It's how I can eat sushi for dinner and Colombian the next night, without leaving my local neighborhood.  Our President-elect may or may not be misogynistic, please know that I am judging the shit out of you for making sexist jokes in a corporate environment.  Or for laughing at them.  


No comments: