Wednesday, August 3, 2016

I guess I'm alive



As someone said to me, “Loneliness, longing, does not mean one has failed, but simply that one is alive.”

I feel like a failure lately.  My mood is tanking again.  My migraines have increased in severity, frequency, and duration again.  I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that is why my depression is hovering nearby.  It's hard to be happy or upbeat when pain is my constant foe.

The utter worthlessness of waking up each day is starting to feel illogical.  Fortunately (?) I'm smart enough to know most people make emotional decisions and not logical ones.  I'm grasping for something that my logical mind can cling to.  I've decided that the unusually, brutally hot summer is what is temporarily causing the migraines to beat the literal snot out of me.  That should at least get me through to September, right?

No comments: