Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Tuesday, July 4, 2006

I had such a fabulous weekend!  Where do I even start?  Oh yeah, Happy Independence Day!!!  I wonder if our founding fathers would be proud or shocked or both at what we've become.

My close friend came to visit, whom I hadn't seen in far too long.  Man, I love her and miss her so much.  We laughed and reminisced and laughed and cried.   Her kid is absolutely adorable!  We went to Lion Country Safari, workout class at the beach, Galahad taught her son to build sandcastles afterwards, and just did a whole lot of nothing.  I took the day off yesterday so we could do more of the same.  She's having a rough time adjusting to single parenthood, and her father was just in a very serious accident, so she's stressed to the max.  It was nice to have our biggest stressor be what to eat next.  Hehe, although when we were at my brother's house, that can be very stressful.  :p  Another brother came over & taught her son how to make paper airplanes.  Laugh, we littered his house with so many.

It did reaffirm to me though that as much as I love her kid and enjoyed him, I'm glad we don't have any.  Galahad and I just don't have the energy to keep up.  It's quite exhausting.  But omg he's so fkn cute!  He's a lil' genius at 5 and knows all about rockets & planes.  And, he has such a sunny disposition.

No comments: