Monday, December 19, 2005

Monday, December 19, 2005

Yeah, I know it's been forever since I've written.  Let's see.... what's up with me?

Still have migraines?  Check

Bright RED anime-colored hair?  Check  ;)  (Thanks, Pablo!)

Still treating skin cancer?  Check

My friend is still battling cancer all over her body.  I took her out to lunch and then Christmas tree shopping last weekend.  I had to push her around in a wheelchair.  :(  She was so chipper while she was getting dressed and putting on her wig (she lost all of her hair as expected).  I asked her how she managed to stay so positive, and she replied that she looked at me and said the same thing.  I was momentarily stunned & speechless.  How does one compare lifelong migraines to life-threatening cancer?   I have the security and knowledge that these won't kill me until I sink into an abyss of despair and do it myself.  She doesn't have that security, although I guess we never know when we'll die.  As Mr. Morrison said, "No one gets out of here alive."

Also, please keep my brother in your thoughts.  He has open heart surgery scheduled for tomorrow.  Fortunately, I was able to call and speak with him yesterday in the hospital.   :)  He sounded in great spirits (heh better than me at any rate).  I also gave him the pep talk of we never know when a car will hit us so don't worry too much about the 1% chance you won't make it.  Easier said than done, I know.  I tried to keep him in a positive mood since that is the most important factor of survivability in my opinion (haha, who else's opinion did you expect to get here?).  And, I taught him my trademarked phrase, Pity Party.  He liked that one.  :p  I told him it's okay to throw one for yourself sometimes, but then you need to remind yourself of all the good things you have in life.

P.S.  The cable is still lying jury-rigged in my backyard with no fix in sight.

No comments: