Sunday, November 19, 2000

Sunday, November 19, 2000

Yippee!  I get to fly home today to see my knight.  I hit major traffic on I-4.  Amazing how many people were on the road.  Fortunately, I turned off onto a toll road to get to the airport.  No one likes to pay to drive, so that road was relatively congestion-free.  Called the office before I left to see if they had any last-minute questions or problems.  Nothing too severe, fortunately.  Galahad told me to confirm my return pick-up with the limo service.  I pooh-poohed that idea and was sure that he would be there waiting for me.  The company was highly recommended to me and did such a great job getting me to the airport.  But, I should have listened to him.  No one was there to meet me.  I called the company and found out that they had been there yesterday but for some reason I had not shown up.  The earliest he could get someone there would be 35 minutes.  I ended up hiring a car out front for an exorbitant fee but was not charged by the original company for my ride on Thursday.  My driver gave me a rundown of every celebrity or celebrity's family member who live in a 50 mile radius.  By the end of the trip, I felt very sorry for them all.

No comments: