Wednesday, November 1, 2000

Wednesday, November 1, 2000

I went in to qualify for my clinical migraine study first thing this morning.  What a debacle that turned out to be!  I was a mess getting there because of the fasting part & driving through downtown rush hour traffic while being hungry.  Fortunately, Galahad packed me a breakfast to take with me.  Unfortunately, the clinical nurse was not at all impressed with my emotional outburst & did not want me in the study.  I managed to convince him otherwise, but then failed one of the physical conditions.  These turned out to be very strict since this drug has been tested on only 8 people previously.  Yes, you read that correctly, EIGHT.  So, maybe it's for the best that I didn't get accepted, but I'm still disappointed.  I'm pretty sure that the condition I didn't meet was because I had gotten worked up by not being able to eat properly.  However, this nurse was gunning for me since I started crying earlier.  He would not let me re-test at a later time -- his loss when he can't find enough suitable guinea pigs.

No comments: