Sunday, June 23, 2019

naps on a plane


Why do they call it a catnap?  My cat sleeps longer. 

It was the red-eye, and I got as comfy as can be expected, but I slept only an hour.  Maybe two tops.  I took the preemptive Excedrin, which has caffeine and probably didn't do me any favors.  But then I countered it with the free Mai-Tai, which has alcohol, combined with a boring movie and noise-canceling headphones.  

Mai-Tai


My insomnia helped me a little because I wasn't too tired when we landed at my layover.  Until two hours of riding moving sidewalks later, playing Pokemon Go and looking for a mailbox.  (Mailboxes have really gone out of vogue.  But I had a Hawaiian postcard to mail, that I forgot about when I was killing time in Honolulu airport.)  Anyway, after two hours of playing and questing, I got sleepy and needed to sit down.  

I hung out at my gate until boarding time, and then I caught my connection home.  No more sleeping, not even a non-cat catnap.

No comments: