Monday, March 5, 2018

I was brave today


About two weeks ago, I picked a new dermatologist out of Google search and made an appointment for today.  I almost cancelled several times, but I finally sucked up my courage and went.

I started crying before I even met her.  By the time she came in to meet me, I was a mess.  I explained my long, sordid skin cancer history.  She wasn't judgmental at all about the fact that I stopped getting checked for many years.  I was leery of that lecture.

I pointed out the spots I was worried about, of which there were many.  She then went over my whole body with a modified jewelers loupe and even checked my scalp.  She leaned toward non-aggressive treatment and recommended only excising one spot today.  She even cauterized it instead of stitches.  "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."


I have cream to use on four other spots, and a hole in my back.  Yay?  Cross your fingers that the pathologist gives the all-clear in a couple weeks.



1 comment:

amy said...

fingers crossed!