Monday, February 26, 2018

USPS makes me want to punch a pillow


I don't often ship stuff, but when I do, it used to be convenient to login to usps.com and print my own label.  Until they broke their website.  I assumed it was a systemic problem when I tried it in October, and all forms of payment were declined.  When I clicked on contact us, they emailed a generic reply that my credit card was bad.  Go fuck yourselves. 

I went in person and was told they had been doing system maintenance.  I tried again recently because who likes going to the post office even if I have plenty of time?  Same error message.  And it's a new credit card (because mine was scammed at Disney World maybe), which I know works. 

I started searching online (why yes, I do use DuckDuckGo.  Are DDG users as annoying as vegans?  Asking for a friend) and found this has been an ongoing complaint for many years.  What the fucking fuck!  Hundreds of people have had this problem, at a minimum.  I'm assuming there are even more than that like me, who didn't post in those forums. 

The solution it seems is to have tech support unlock one's account.  I emailed and they reset my password, but it still declined my payment.   Go fuck yourself.   I called, and the woman said "oh I can't do that, that's tech support."  WTF.  That's who I called from your website.  She transferred me.  I explain again, and she says it's a technical error.  She'll transfer the issue to tech support.  Sigh.  She sounded positive, so I'm trying to be, too.  

While I was on hold, my cat opened her sleepy eyes in a disgusted manner, and left my presence.  She was not a fan of their hold music.  

No comments: