Monday, March 19, 2018

paranoid or safe?


I've been feeling pretty crappy lately.  Pain and stress are both exhausting and depressing.  Mostly, I've been moving from bed to the couch and back again.

Yesterday, I forced myself to go for a walk just to get out of the house.  I hadn't planned on seeing anyone in the next few days, so I had done another skin cancer treatment on my face.  My skin was all red and angry.  I threw on some shoes and went outside before I changed my mind.  I didn't care about my messy hair or mismatched clothes.

Most times, I never see anyone on my walks, just birds, iguanas, and Pokemon.  Yesterday, a man approached me to say hello.  He was very friendly but a bit hesitant.  He finally introduced himself to me and asked me out.  I thanked him for his compliments and politely declined his advances.  I also lied and said I wasn't from this area.  And, I've learned over the years that it's easier for all involved to say I'm married.  He seemed disappointed but left me alone after that.  Or did he?

Because it's not always that simple (ask any woman anywhere), I changed my route on the way home and checked behind me multiple times.   He could have been exactly what he seemed at face value or he could have been Keyser Söze.  I hate that I need to take so many precautions, but who asks someone out who looks like shit though?


No comments: