Friday, November 24, 2017

gratitude


I've had gratitude on my mind because of the season.  My life has taken a 180 recently, and I haven't found much to be grateful for.  Of course, I'm grateful for you, dear reader, and for every person who has ever offered me moral support.  However, my health and my career are not faring well currently. 

At Thanksgiving, we went around the table to say what we were grateful for.  It was difficult for me to say anything.  I was at my brother's house, feeling lonelier than if I had stayed home.  His friends were all talking about their newly found friends-family, while I was sitting there feeling like an outsider who used to be an insider.  Everyone was very polite, but I didn't feel included.

Fortunately his kids were there, and I was happy to see them.  I finally went back to basics and said I was grateful for my home staying intact during the hurricane.

I said my thank-yous and goodbyes right after dessert and was the first one to leave.  I managed to make it to my car before the tears started.  Go me!!

No comments: