Saturday, December 8, 2007

Saturday, December 8, 2007

We had to take my car to the shop near Jamaica-hill.  Instead of one of us having to sit there for 3 hours, I suggested we take two cars and go explore the new IKEA.  Galahad was getting over a flu-type virus, so I offered to let him stay home, but he insisted on staying with the plan.  I have one word to describe that IKEA experience.  Wow!  It was set up as Disney for adults.  There were at least 20 people just outside directing traffic and telling us where to park.  Then, we were greeted at the door with a smile and a map.  Holy shit, that place is HUGE!  Of course, me being me, we needed to go straight to the restaurant.  It had been two hours since breakfast, and I was starving.  :)  I ordered gravlax, and he got the Swedish meatballs with lingonberry sauce.  Omg, so yummy!  With full bellies, it was off to browse and kill some time before my car was ready.

Being the organized person I am, I left my cell number with the shop in case of emergencies arising.  However, I completely underestimated Swedish planning since it seems they built that store like a bunker.  No cell phone signal to be had anywhere in the giant store.  I didn't realize this for a couple of hours though as we were completely engrossed in the whole experience.  We ended up spending over $200 on little things, and enjoyed the experience immensely.  I ran half a mile to get outside for a cell signal and found that everything was copacetic.  Those Jamaicans are awesome!

Once we picked up the car, we made a quick stop to get some beef patties & coco bread.  Mmmmm.

No comments: