Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

After much deliberation & vacillation, I finally decided to get Kitten her rabies booster shot, even though I was mostly sure it was unnecessary (except for legal compliance).  She fought me getting into her carrier, yowled on the way there, and then sat patiently with me for 30 minutes while we waited to see the Doc.  He pulled her out roughly after I warned him that she wasn't pleased to be shoved in the carrier (which is what I finally had to do).  She yowled and hissed at him.  He weighed her, injected her, and shoved her back in within 90 seconds.  And, I was done since I had insisted that she would be getting no other booster shots.  What a racket.

Once we got home, she bolted out of her carrier, and then proceeded to come back and play in it for the next half hour.  :p  Fortunately, she was fine all night.  No reactions, no symptoms, which leads me to believe even more strongly how unnecessary this shot was.

No comments: