Thursday, March 30, 2006

Thursday, March 30, 2006

I might be a big fat dork (or extra skinny one as the case may be).  I was reading that there may or may not be a risk of too much Vitamin C supplementation in the body causing kidney stones.  (My brother went through that, and I've heard horrible, awful things about kidney stones so I was anxious to avoid them.)  Even though I've been on semi-high doses of C for over a year and been fine, I decided to cut back to 1000 mg from 3000 mg.  Big mistake.  Add to that my overall depression and my body decided to revolt yesterday.  I don't know if suddenly I caught a bug, got food poisoning, or just willed myself to self-detonate.  I got so sick, chills, uncontrolled crying, upset stomach, fever, etc.  I haven't eaten much in the last 24 hours (READ: 2 bowls of oatmeal) and have lost about 3 pounds.  I'm just guessing since I don't own a scale.

I also noticed a new spot on my chest which is making me think about calling my dermatologist.  I'm sure 2 days of lowered C wouldn't be enough to let a skin cancer grow like that (well almost sure), but it makes me wonder.  I'm so sick of all of this.  The C was making me feel good about it all and feel healthy.  Now, it scares me because there are conflicting reports of its safety.  Nothing like being one's own science experiment.  :\

No comments: