Friday, April 15, 2005

Friday, April 15, 2005

Finally, it's time to come home (after a half day of class).  Yay!!   Everyone was warning us about how bad the airport would be, so we left extra early.  Turns out there wasn't any traffic on the way there or at security.  So, I sat at my gate for almost 2 hours before my flight.  Well, sitting might be an overstatement.  Apparently, I can fit underneath the arms on the benches, so I stretched out and closed my eyes for a bit.  I didn't want to sleep cuz I was paranoid someone might steal my bags.  Yeah, I know, I'm a freak.
 
My first flight I ended up sitting next to an MIT geek and a merchant marine geekette.  They were way too geeky for my tastes.  The two of them never shut up the whole flight even though they had just met.  Thank goodness I had my book.  :)
 
And if I thought the first flight was bad...  The flight home from DC was full of a class field-trip of teenagers.  I was smack dab in the middle of them, 5 rows ahead & 5 behind.  They were actually well-behaved for teens, but still kind of annoying in my mood.  The kid behind me started singing 100 bottles of beer on the wall.  I was just doped up enough to join in, but too shy.  Mostly they all just giggled & passed notes.

No comments: