Monday, June 21, 2004

Monday, June 21, 2004

I've decided I don't like Father's Day anymore than I care for Mother's Day.  Gah, I hate to be a bitter, sad person.   I called my dad yesterday and had a nice chat with him.  I forewent the obligatory card since I couldn't find one with the sentiment I felt.  I guess Hallmark doesn't make too much money on mixed-feeling cards.  My dad seemed happy, and for that, I'm happy.

Afterwards, we went over to Galahad's parents to visit.  That is starting to get painful, watching his father get sick and steadily decline.  That's all I can write now as I wave away the tears starting to form in my eyes.  I had a nasty migraine last night, partly from the weather (thankfully we got some rain finally) and part I'm sure from emotional stress.

That's something I can rant about this morning.  I seem to go through cycles of my emotions invoking strong reactions in others.  I hate to make excuses, but I'm an emotional, passionate person.  It's my nature.  It won't change.  Yes, I can try to control my emotions better.  I in fact do try quite frequently.  If anyone thinks I enjoy some of these intense moments, they are sorely mistaken.  Even the happy ones can be overwhelming. 

I seem to trigger bad reactions in others when I get what they call too emotional or oversensitive.  It's usually (always?) men this happens with which makes me suspect it's their issue.  However, if someone in a relationship has a problem, it quickly becomes both people's problem -- at least with me cuz I'm sensitive like that.  :p

No comments: