Tuesday, June 1, 2004

Tuesday, June 1, 2004

Holy Cow!!!  I actually received personalized mail back from GlaxoSmithKline regarding my complaint of the new packaging of Imitrex.  Not only wasn't it a form letter, they also sent me a $10 coupon (shows you how expensive this shit is, huh?).  Anyway, here's an excerpt:

"We at GlaxoSmithKline are extremely sorry that you are disappointed with the new packaging for IMITREX® Tablets, and we thank you for your recent feedback.  ...  Unfortunately, as you have pointed out, these changes have, for some, made the package less user-friendly.  ... We will be making changes to the packaging to include identification of individual tablets with medicine name and dose strength printed on each blister.  Further changes will be focused on making the packaging easier for migraine sufferers to open. ..."

The corporate fuckers changed the packaging after several years of pills in perforated blister packs that were small enough to slip into a pocket and printed with the medicine on the outside so I didn't look like an illegal drug-user.  Now, they come in a GIANT cardboard card (2.5x bigger) and are much harder to open, especially with  a migraine, with no printing on the outside IF you took the time to cut them apart with a box cutter.  Both types of packaging hold the same amount of pills -- nine.  Also, somewhere along the way, they made the pills bigger so that I can't swallow  them dry anymore.  I loved being able to inconspicuously pull one out of a pocket, pop it in my mouth, and pretend I'm having a good time still.  :p

I told them I would be switching to a competitor who actually cared what their customers thought if they did nothing.  Since that would require a trip to the doctor and they did promise some changes, I think I will wait it out a bit.

No comments: