Saturday, March 20, 2004

Saturday, March 20, 2004

We went to a Tibetan ceremony hosted at the Center for the Performing Arts.  It was the end of some ritual thing where they destroyed a mandala to prove how fleeting life is.  It was this beautiful sand painting done painstakingly grain by grain.  Then they dispersed the sand to the greedy Americans who all wanted a fucking souvenir.  Haha, so maybe I didn't get all the details of the event.  They did save a teensy bit of sand to throw into the river outside to bless the world.  Because of wind currents, I got some in my eye, so perhaps that helped my 5 day long migraine.  Or maybe it was just too great of a weekend to be hurting.  ;)  

Poor Galahad.  I don't take anything seriously, although he was laughing with me finally about Holy Sand in our Eyes.  He kept correcting me that it wasn't really Holy per se, but I wasn't getting the distinction.  Thank goodness he was with me to explain it all.  He said he was fairly impressed when he compared it to the ones he had seen in Tibet, although these monks were Tibetan by way of India.  Afterwards, we wandered over to our favorite Louisianan restaurant, Creolina's.  The crayfish bisque and the shrimp spring rolls were truly heavenly.  We took the Bread Pudding (with chocolate chips instead of raisins) home to enjoy later.

No comments: