Saturday, February 24, 2001

Saturday, February 24, 2001

Went to the Palm Beach Flower Show.  We had a lovely time.  Galahad wasn't so sure about going; I think he went mostly to humor me.  But, then he realized there was much more to it than just flowers.  We also listened to a taxonomist lecture about the proper re-potting of orchids, which has made us both a little crazy & perplexed over the past year and a half.  There was a symphony there playing.  And, it was just a perfect south Florida day, about 75°F, with a full breeze blowing, right on the Intracoastal Waterway.  On the way home, we took the top down and drove the whole way along the ocean.  It figures that we're in the midst of a drought and got caught in a rain shower with the top down.  Even that felt good.  I did have one mar on the perfection of the day.  I think all the flowers' pollen gave me a migraine.  At the car, I took some Excedrin, which I dropped.  It went rolling a few parking spots away.  There I was chasing it through the parking garage since it was the only one I had.  I closed my eyes, brushed it off, and popped it in my mouth.  It worked, and a short time later, I was feeling good again.

No comments: