Sunday, January 14, 2001

Sunday, January 14, 2001

Breakfast was fabulous.  They made Belgian waffles with peaches and crème fraîche on top and walnuts and raisins inside.  I am so glad that we stayed an extra day.  We were able to catch up with my friend and get acquainted with her whole family and new husband.  Somehow, they even managed to get us to go bowling.  This would be my fourth time ever participating in this sport.  Galahad, as usual, surprised me with how talented he is at something I would never have even considered.  He said he learned it when he was a small child.  It amazes me that I can know a man for seven years and still not know everything.  My friend and I reminisced about all the stupid & silly acts we did when we were together.  We laughed ourselves silly, although Galahad and her husband didn't seem to find it as humorous as we did.  We toured parts of The Villages of Lady Lake, which is a Disney-built retirement community.  It's an oasis out in the middle of nowhere.  We stayed up way too late talking and laughing and looking at all of her pictures.  I can't wait until we can fly to Australia for a visit.

No comments: