Sunday, October 15, 2000

Sunday, October 15, 2000

Yippee!  I woke up in my own bed today.  It turns out that I was very entertained yesterday on the plane.  I sat next to a Seminole Indian who was heading back to his reservation after going through a drug & alcohol rehabilitation program in an Indian Exchange program in Olympia National Forest.  I learned quite a bit about the lifestyle of American Indians these days & the traumas that they have to endure.  It's truly awful how such a proud race has fallen to this.  He shared his native music with me via the high-technology of a Walkman.  What a magnificent time I had listening to that while flying over the snow-capped Rockies looking at Nature's creations.  It was interesting to hear that he was taken aback by the casual piercings done these days by teenagers, but thought nothing of the mutilation rituals that his & other tribes perform in the name of spirituality, some of which sounded much worse to my ears.

No comments: