Friday, October 20, 2000

Friday, October 20, 2000

Teambuilding Day.  Isn't that enough to strike fear into your heart?  I got to sleep past sunrise which has become increasingly important in my life.  We started with an airboat ride through the Everglades.  Believe it or not, my first time doing that.  That turned out to be kind of hokey.  I saw alligator wrestling & bogus Indian villages.  I guess it's good for out-of-towners to know what they're destroying when they keep moving here & over-developing.  We did see some of Mother Nature's greatest sights, in my humble opinion.  Then, it was off to a picnic with a 27-foot rock-climbing wall & an inflatable obstacle course.  Before you think how silly that is, they both kicked my butt.  I made it to the top of the wall, barely, after several attempts.  And, I made it through the obstacle course twice.  The first time was a practice run & I had to rest halfway through.  (I know, I'm a weenie.)  The second time through, we raced.  No resting there, just peer pressure to succeed.  My team lost, but not because of me.  I either stayed with my opponent or actually maybe gained ground.  I was way too tired to think of participating in the other activities of volleyball & egg-tossing.  Afterwards, we had a small awards ceremony in which I was recognized.  That felt good.  My boss is really cool except for his driving schedule of too-early mornings & working-lunches.  Galahad met up with me again for our dinner at a colleague's house.

No comments: