Saturday, June 25, 2022

the full Scottish

When they brought me back to their flat (don't I sound foreign already??), they offered me the full Scottish breakfast, a hot shower, and a nap -- not necessarily in that order.  My tummy still wasn't happy yet, and I wasn't sleepy, so I opted for a leisurely stroll along the shore with my friend.  It was so nice to catch up with her.  We speak on the phone regularly but hadn't seen each other in person in a few years.  This is the happiest I've seen her in a long time, and it warmed my heart!

Also, I packed for cold, rainy weather, and it was warm and sunny.  Fortunately, she had a t-shirt I could borrow.

The rest of the day was a blur.  There was a nap and a shower in there somewhere, and then a lovely homemade Scottish meal.  Afterwards, we had a cheese and liquor finale.





No comments: