Friday, February 11, 2022

two limping steps forward and one backward

Maybe she's getting better?  She started bleeding again, and I panicked and put the cone back on when I went to the gym.  And again, she wouldn't let herself relax while wearing it.  As soon as I took it off when I got home (I skipped celebratory lunch after working out), she walked a couple steps and collapsed into a nap.


My workout partner/friend noticed something was obviously wrong with me, especially when I said I was skipping burgers afterwards.  And I told him about Kitten.  When he was talking about various things to try, I suddenly remembered this stinky stuff that my brother recommended to me for my wounds.  It was made for animals but worked great on me, too.  So I rushed home to try it on her.


 


It stinks, just like I remembered, but it temporarily stopped the bleeding again.  In the meantime, the vet called me back, and I explained that I was having a hard time with the powder application.  He told me that it was a squeezie bottle and to shoot it out.  So now my house looks like an 80s coke party.  Perhaps some even landed on her injured leg.  I had previously been trying to shake it out like salt on a fine meal.

The vet also explained better why he thought it might be cancer, because the inflammation didn't respond to the initial cortisone shot.  She turns 16 soon, so at this point, I just want her to be comfortable in her final time in this simulation.


No comments: