Tuesday, February 15, 2022

maybe progress?

I took Kitten for her follow-up vet visit.  She was feistier this time, so I took that as a good sign.  She heard me getting the cat carrier out and hid under the bed.  I had to coax her out with banana bread cricket bars, which they sadly no longer make.  I don't know why, but she loves these bars more than I do.  She wakes from a sound sleep when she smells one in the house.

 


 

Her leg is still swollen, but at least it's no longer bleeding.  The prognosis is it's likely a tumor.  However, she's rapidly approaching 16 years old, and I'm unwilling to subject her to a bunch of medical nonsense to increase her life.  I feel the same way about me.  Death with dignity for all.  

For now, I'm managing her wound and not doing a bunch of biopsies and surgeries.  She's eating well and limping gracefully around, tending to her feline duties.

No comments: