Friday, July 13, 2018

doing much better


For those of you keeping track and reading only about my woes, I finally have good news to report.

I had a much better month migraine-wise (only 3 attacks in 30 days), which led me to getting cocky and trying an experiment starting today.  I increased my daily ubiquinol dosage about a month ago, which coincided with having fewer migraine attacks.  Causation?  Who knows, but I'll take it either way.

I came across a migraine study from the American Headache Society conference two weeks ago which explained more clearly why CoQ10 might help those with migraine.  While researching that, I dove into the ubiquinone vs. ubiquinol rabbit hole.  And that led me to several more studies that seemed to conclude that I fell for the hype when ubiquinol first came out ten years or so ago, saying it was more bio-available for people my age.

That was a long roundabout way of saying my experiment starting today is switching to ubiquinone (which is significantly cheaper) and seeing if I enjoy the same pain-reduced results.  Fuck, I'm terrified.  Wish me luck!  I've been spending close to $5 a day and can go down to a little over a dollar per day.  Hence the motivation to try this.  If funds were unlimited, I wouldn't change a thing, just in case.

On top of my fantastic migraine month, I had my eye checkup today, and everything looks hunky-dory.  YIPPEE!!!!


No comments: