Thursday, January 24, 2008

Go-kart racing aka Team-building

FFS at what some people consider fun! I've been to many idiotic team-building exercises, but I would have to say this was one of the worst. I thought it might be fun, but apparently people on my team are shitty drivers who think brute force is more appropriate than finesse. The go-karts were fun to drive even though it was about 45F in there, and my hands were cramping from the cold. It was lots of fun until the first good hit by someone sent me careening into a wall. By the 5th or perhaps 8th hit, I was pretty much at my limit of fun. One of my co-workers was not as fortunate as I. He got hit hard enough that his helmet flew off, and they instantly shut off all the cars with the Master Kill Switch. Because he's not female, it wasn't appropriate to burst into tears (which is what I would have done). He left the track clutching his ribs. Nice cohesion, synchronicity even!

No comments: