Saturday, June 24, 2006

Saturday, June 24, 2006

It was cloudy today, so I decided to move a six foot mango tree that was too close to the house.  I was in the middle of a good book, have movies I checked out from the library, but somehow I was in the mood for hard labor.  Holy shit, I had no idea how hard it would be.   I have blisters on my blisters now.  I even have a blister on my fkn elbow.  How is that even possible?  At one point I had a wasp buzzing near me, and I yelled at it, "I have a shovel and I have no idea how to use it!"  I'm sure he was shaking in his little yellow jacket.  :p 

Anyway, the tree has been replanted in the far back, kinda near Bertram.  Hmm, I guess he needs a name now, too.  However, I don't know if he'll live since I am completely ignorant & klutzy in replanting trees.  Galahad has been working 6 days a week, so I figured, fuck it, how tricksy can it be.  This little seedling started in a clay pot and grew right through the bottom and rooted itself a few feet down.  I ended up smashing the pot and broke one of the roots.  Plus, he's kinda leaning all crazy-like.  Hmmm, I need a crazy-like name.  Maybe GG Allin?  Or is that too crazy?  :)  It probably doesn't bode well for him to be named that, but we shall see.   He was still standing after my shower, so I'm thrilled!

No comments: