Sunday, November 13, 2005

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Here comes my next tree debacle.  Apparently my neighbor is massively coveting Irenic, my red latania palm.  She came over and asked if I knew how it got where it was.  WTF?  I said yeah, we planted it.  It's in an area of my yard that I affectionately refer to as Death Row --- so named because it's our backline and we couldn't keep anything alive there for a while.  This palm has flourished thankfully and looks gorgeous.  Apparently she and another neighbor were ready to jack it if it was a stray.  Again, WTF?  She tells me how expensive it is and keeps looking at me like I'm an idiot for planting it in the back.  WTF?  Can't I put nice looking trees in the back? 

My brother advised us to buy it a few years back at a local palm & cycad show.  It was obviously much smaller, and it wasn't that expensive (definitely less than Bertram was), but I kept that fact to myself.  As I'm surveying Death Row with her and letting her know that all of those trees are planted and therefore off-limits, I noticed that someone had run over my little Gumbo Limbo again with heavy equipment. ^&$^#%$#&^*!!!!  I don't think he'll recover this time.  :(

No comments: