Monday, March 25, 2002

Monday, March 25, 2002

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

I am so frustrated. That stupid fucking ex-cancer spot on my forehead is rearing its ugly head again. The steri-strips finally wore off on Saturday, and I was (relatively) pleased to see merely an angry red line of scar tissue. [It's amazing what pleases me these days about this.] Anyway, last night, I noticed a tiny little white spot. This morning, the white spot had grown and so had my fears.

After finishing up packing and checking my 5 bazillion emails (from work while I was out last week), I managed to squeeze in a quick visit to my doctor on the way to the airport.

They, of course, were not pleased to see me again. Like I am? The physician assistant who originally told me that she could not re-stitch my wound 3 weeks ago seemed pleased to be able to say, "I told you so."  Basically, I have a tiny infection that is caused from re-stitching an open wound after it has started to heal.  WTF???  I still don't understand how sterile sutures can cause infection on the 2nd time around but not on the 1st.

[For those of you who may not have heard me ranting a few weeks ago, she simply steri-stripped the wound, which of course burst open again 2 days later. When I went back again, the cosmetic surgeon was there and immediately re-stitched the wound after re-cutting it, of course.]

Then, when I told her I still had my Zithromax from 5 weeks ago --- the date of the original surgery --- I thought she would burst from the joy of being right.  She had her finger out and pointing in my face claiming that if I had taken the damn antibiotics as a precaution way back then, they would still be in my system now.  Bull-fucking-shit!   And, if so, I don't really want this "medicine" in my system ever.

So, now I'm on antibiotics, internally & externally.   She was nice enough to find me a sample of something since I didn't have time to hit a pharmacy on my way to the airport.   I guess once she was so happy about the "I told you so," she could afford to be magnanimous.

The office staff and nurses have been very nice and accommodating. I would like to send them a thank-you for it.  Maybe flowers?  Especially since I haven't always been in my most pleasant of moods when I visit there.  I'm on the plane right now and wondering if I will have this huge growth on my head when I step off.  She really put a fear in me.

No comments: