Sunday, October 14, 2001

Sunday, October 14, 2001

I've been fighting a horrible migraine all weekend. There are little empty Imitrex wrappers all over the house. Galahad keeps discovering them in the oddest places. Usually, when I grab one, I need to distract myself until it kicks in.

We went to the Everglades in the afternoon. Galahad wanted to go on a canoe trip, but I wasn't quiet up for it, either mentally or physically. The gators really freak me out.

The water level is finally near normal. It was so high that we saw only one large gator and two babies. The rest must have made their way back to deeper parts. Mostly, we saw some cool birds and turtles. Fortunately, it's not grasshopper season anymore. We saw only 3. Those freak me out worse than the gators, I think. Here's a photo, taken by a great nature photographer whose name escapes me right now. (If you're him, I meant to give you credit.)

By the way, depending on your display settings, these are actual size. They're very large! Last time, they covered the ground and were hopping all over like a plague of locusts. They also come in bright red colorings.


No comments: