Wednesday, March 25, 2020

deserted desert


I recently flew cross-country to visit my brother, whom I hadn't seen in almost four years.  Neither one of us was doing great mentally when I bought the tickets, so it seemed that the benefits outweighed the risks.

I've flown all over the world, in all kinds of conditions,  This was certainly one of the most bizarre times, and the eeriest.  The airports and airplanes were close to empty.  Half of the people wore masks, and half (like me) walked around like it was normal, except for the incessant hand-washing and Happy Birthday singing.

O'Hare airport
Dallas airport


He and I laughed for hours and hours, which was good for our souls.  We also talked about deep personal and childhood traumas, which maybe helps to heal also.  I spent lots of time in nature at his ranch.  And getting unconditional love from his dogs.

Freya

Magnus






The one place that wasn't deserted was a mountain a couple hours away that we wanted to hike.  It was packed!!  And there was snow everywhere.  Deep snow.


snowman
squirrel


It was really nice to be away from civilization and not worry about things over which I have no control.



rooster
horse


cactus

No comments: