Saturday, July 27, 2019

decadence


I've decided to come clean to myself about my insomnia.  I've kind of been in denial, but not really.  I know I've had shitty sleep the past few years.  But it's gotten worse lately, and I'm trying to be okay with that.  Normally, I force myself to get up at my usual time (7am-ish) no matter how much sleep I've had. 

Today, I woke up around 1:30am and didn't fall back asleep until close to 6am.  It wasn't all bad.  I talked to a special someone on the phone for four hours.  And then, I made the executive decision that sufficient sleep would be better than on-schedule sleep, and I turned my ringer off.  Usually it turns on automatically in the morning.

And with no interruptions (thank you, Kitten), I slept until 10am.

10AM!!!

How absolutely decadent.  I immediately felt guilty and giddy, like I had gotten away with a petty crime.

I'm working on relaxing my health standards, so I don't fall into orthosomniac sleeping.  I definitely can get obsessed with bettering my health, for good reason (to avoid migraine), but I have decided that too much is not good for me.

No comments: