Sunday, November 4, 2018

deathiversary


I'm not sure how I had nothing important to say for a month, but probably no nuggets of wisdom were missed.  

Today is my mom's deathiversary, so I decided to finish tackling the stack of letters that my sister saved from Mom when I was a baby.  I started reading them a week or so ago and then life got in the way.  I honestly have no idea what I do all day, but I manage to stay busy and usually upbeat.  

The very first letter I picked up made me teary-eyed because she mentioned how great it was having me as her daughter.  But most of the rest were generic anecdotes about life in the 70s.  Which was pretty interesting to read, too. 

It's making me appreciate the complexity of the human she was.  I went through a phase for several years where all I could remember were the bad things about her.  But these letters are helping me to remember her good qualities, too.  She did her best raising us, and she did teach some great life lessons.  For that I will always be grateful.  


No comments: