Monday, January 15, 2018

drip drip drip


My shower started dripping while it was off.  I got super brave and changed the shower-head all by myself.  No, really!  I turned off the water main and everything, even though most people said I didn't need to.

I got my two vice grips and towel so as not to damage the pipe.  Pro-tip:  Don't try to wrap the towel around the pipe whilst holding a vice grip in each hand.  I flailed around like a cousin of Edward Scissorhands until I had the illuminating idea to set them down and then wrap the pipe. 

But, it had no effect on the incessant dripping.  Ugh.

I finally called a plumber out of the phonebook.  Just kidding, I searched online.  They're coming today.

Of course, the dripping slowed down measurably yesterday.  Now, I'm wondering if it magically fixed itself.

I thought about being even braver and opening the handle and cartridge, but that seemed daunting.  I kind of want to see what the plumber does, but I don't want to annoy and hover.  So I'll hide in the other room with Kitten.  Like a grown-up.



No comments: