Monday, March 14, 2005

Monday, March 14, 2005

Today was my dreaded annual wellness exam with a new doctor.  The place was a veritable woman-factory with a large sign on the wall saying they didn't carry medical malpractice insurance in accordance with Florida law.  That seems to be the new trends these days with malpractice insurance skyrocketing.  I was happy that I wasn't going there for any major procedure.

When I met the doctor finally, I liked him immediately.  He had a confident, easy manner.  He did give me the "Omg, you're so old and will have retarded kids if you don't hurry" lecture.  Part of me was offended because he didn't believe me when I said I wasn't planning on any, and part of me respected him for letting his patients know the risks.  Mostly, I just wanted to be done with the whole thing already.  He asked me a zillion health questions and repeatedly asked if I actually had a problem like it wasn't believable that I didn't.  I was also asked repeatedly about all of the meds I was on.  When I said none but the Imitrex as needed, that wasn't received as credible either apparently.  What is wrong with our society these days?  Does everyone have major problems requiring major meds?   Drink lots of water for the medical win, imo!!

No comments: