Saturday, June 1, 2002

Saturday, June, 1, 2002

Hurricane Season already.  I just read an article (sorry I didn't save the link) that said the experts at the Hurricane Center want to re-categorize Hurricane Andrew (August 24, 1992) from a Category 4 to the worst possible, a Category 5.  They have learned new ways of analyzing storms and have gone back to look at the data.  I was living about 40-50 miles north at the time, so I wasn't hit as hard (well, my head was, but I'll try not to whine so much about that).  However, my parents lived in Miami at the time, still in the house I grew up in.  When I couldn't get in touch with them all day, I convinced my brother to drive down with me.  I was on some serious Percodan at the time, so I was in no condition to drive.  Damn!  It was the most bizarre and surreal trip. We barely found our way there despite having lived there for 15 years or so.  It was really awful to see and fit all the clichés of a war zone.

No comments: