Wednesday, May 8, 2002

Wednesday, May 8, 2002

Well, that was odd today.   I took yesterday and today off of work since my niece was in town from college.  I told her no pressure, but I'd be around if she wanted to hang.  I know she feels like she's pulled in many familial directions when she visits, so I didn't want to add to her stress.   Anyway, she kept saying she wanted to hang out, so we made tentative plans for this afternoon.  She asked if she could bring her mother (whom I get along with very well) and her little brother (my nephew whom I adore but who also gets bored in 3 minutes at my house).  I told her that would be fine but reminded her that he would be bored.  She assured me that her presence would keep him entertained since he doesn't see her very often.  They came over, she fell asleep within 15 minutes, he got voraciously bored, and her mother and I had a great time chatting.  Laugh.  I do remember college and realize that 2 hours of sleep is probably the best present I could ever give her.

No comments: