Monday, September 17, 2001

monday, september 17, 2001

I haven't felt like posting these past few days. I haven't really felt like doing much of anything these past few days. I have always been the "sensitive" one in my family. Lately, it's all been too much for me. And then, I feel guilty about being sad because I didn't personally know anyone who died in these attacks. But, I have been watching and reading about all of their stories. And, I've been crying along with them all.

It seems that the U.S. is in a chess game for our lives. Every move we make right now has to be thought out to the end of the game. And, there doesn't appear to be any right answers.

To me, the most obvious answer is to help them to help themselves, but...

If we help the Afghani rebels overthrow Usama bin Laden and the Taliban, then are we back to where we were 20 years ago when we helped bin Laden do the same to the Russians? Did we just piss off or mortally offend some other extremist in the process?

No comments: