Thursday, April 12, 2018

snakes and ladders


As part of my process to apply for disability, I was required (or maybe strongly advised) to see one of their doctors.  It was very weird in that I had to get undressed.  Over my many years and various doctors, I've never had to get undressed to be examined for migraine.  They gave me a paper sheet, and it wasn't creepy, but it was odd.

I was prepared and brought in 20 pages of my migraine diary from the last three years (254 attacks).  I gave him a comprehensive description of my life and treatment.  And yet after I left, I felt like I'd fucked up.  I had anxiety the rest of the day and all throughout the night.  I barely slept. 

I hate this process.  My life feels like a game of snakes and ladders, where I'm hitting snake after snake recently.

No comments: