Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Goldilocks


Guess who had a blissfully cool (but not too cold) sleep last night??   ME!!!

The first repairman showed up about 2pm (almost first thing in the morning like promised) to inspect the inside and outside units.  Then he delivered the bad news that my outside one was a goner.  The good news was that the inside handler (behind a wall, wtf) was still going strong.  YIPPEE!

I had a brief moment of embarrassment when he had to move my clothing rack to disassemble the wall.  I moved the many pairs of jeans.  (They'll come back into style again; high-waisted did unfortunately.)  But the clothing rack has over 100 t-shirts hanging on it.  I may have a small addiction.  And I had forgotten about the top shelf, on which rested several empty shoe boxes.  Why?  No clue.  I have since gotten rid of those.  Progress.

He very nicely replaced the rack and told me my options.  Either buy a new outside unit or die a sweaty death.  I opted for the non-fatal option, which he said they might get to that day.  It was already after 2pm.

By 6pm, four guys had shown up to install the new air conditioner unit, including the company owner from Sunday night.  Spoiler alert:  No crying this time, which is better progress than getting rid of five empty shoe boxes.

Despite the regrettable circumstances of being sweaty and paying gobs of money, I enjoyed myself for an hour, chatting with them.  I went outside to offer water and stayed outside to socialize and get an education on R-22 vs. R-410A refrigerants, random boating knowledge, and the powers of raw aloe vera according to one's long-dead Grandma.  She wasn't wrong.

No comments: