Sunday, January 24, 2016

some migraines don't like being ignored


Yesterday's migraine grabbed me hard by the neck, shook me until I was slightly nauseated, hollered in my ear, and shined bright lights in my eyes until I paid attention.  Once it had my attention, the ice-picks and sledgehammers followed.  I took Excedrin, Imitrex tablets, and an Imitrex injection.  Fuck.

But enough of that.  Blah blah blah, hurts me.  Blah blah blah, fuck my life. Et cetera, ad nauseum.

I drifted in and out of medicated delirium all day, slept most of the night, and woke up to no Internets.  FUCK!

Which raises the question: what's worse an 8 (out of 10) migraine or no Internets?  Duh, the fkn migraine.  Although no Internets is no picnic.  I was complaining to a friend who brilliantly reminded me that I could tether to my phone.  Oh yeah.  I wish I could blame that ignorance on my migraine brain, but it probably wouldn't have occurred to me at all.

I called my ISP, who kept asking for my phone number.  I gave them my VOIP number (which isn't working obviously) and said as soon as they fixed it, they could call me.  Dominic didn't like that answer.  He asked me again for my cell (which probably shows up on their caller ID, but I'm guessing they have to get my permission to add it to my account).  I told him I get enough spam from them in my email and physical mail.  I didn't want any marketing calls or texts from them.  He did a couple of resets on his side, to no avail.  He scheduled an appointment for them to come out TOMORROW.  Fuck.  And asked again for my number.  Unfortunately for him, I've had some experience in refusing to give out my number in a non-confrontational manner.  He was very persistent about it.  And, I politely declined for the fourth time.

I can feel the migraine sliding back into my consciousness as the meds wear off.  Maybe I won't miss being offline much today if I have to do another shot, which knocks me out for a few hours.  And what's one more bruise on my thigh when it means my head isn't thumping at me.  Lucky me, it's the weekend, and I have no obligations and nobody to disappoint.

No comments: