Monday, January 25, 2016

Have modem, will surf


I have a new modem from my ISP, and I'm all set.  Apparently the one they gave to me in June was outdated and died.  Wtf.  Either they gave an old one to a new customer or they don't last very long.  I am impressed that their technician was prompt and competent, though.  He said he'd stick around in my driveway for a few minutes to make sure the new modem didn't update its firmware and break.  I admired the forethought.  He ended up staying about 90 minutes.  I felt like I should've brought him refreshments, except then I remembered that I don't cook and have nothing to drink besides water.  (Ixnay on the umray).  He probably wouldn't appreciate aged canned goods the way I do.  ;)

The migraine finally lifted last night after I don't know how many pills and one shot.  Those are easier to track.  I count the bruises on my leg.  Today, I'm dealing with the joy of migraine hangover.  I got winded going up and down my stairs this morning and had to rest halfway. 

Is it too early to go back to bed and surf on my laptop?

No comments: