Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Tuesday, June 10, 2003

I have some really fabulous friends.  =)  Yes, I suppose I knew that, but it's nice to be reminded of it.  Thank you to the ones who cheered me up yesterday & today.  Yes, I'm slow in the cheering process and I have relapses.  =p

I'm at the airport now waiting to catch my flight as I type this.  I'm realizing my laptop is incredibly dusty & dirty.  How embarrassing.  :(   I'm also realizing that I'm a freak as I sit here & giggle & cry & type.  Oh well, I'm keeping it real, man.  Laugh, why the fuck did that became some type of anthem?  How silly. 

I'm very happy I put my vanilla lotion on.  The smell reassures me that life is good in the Pandora's box of chaos that is my mind & my heart.

By the way, did you know it is now standard procedure to remove any and all shoes, either worn or carried, and submit them through x-ray separately?  Do you suppose that freak on the French plane knew he would cause such a brouhaha at every airport so much later? 

I somehow got incredibly lucky and found parking so close to the terminal.  Security had no line.  But then there was a "situation" when I got to the gate, after first spending my never-to-be-born child's inheritance on water.  Gah, they really get you on airport prices.  I'm already starting to panic thinking about food.  Of course I'm not hungry now, but there is no food on the flight.  I wonder how many power bars I brought.  I wonder how many power bars I can eat before I get nauseous.
Anyway, back to the "situation".

I went to sit down and readjust my shoes back into their comfort zone when a police officer asked me not to sit exactly where I was eyeing.  Apparently they had an unattended bag.  Holy shit, they take that seriously (well not as seriously as the Israelis but more seriously than they used to).  He cordoned off the area and brought in a dog to sniff the bag.  After they ascertained it wasn't explosives, they opened it, rifled through it, and proceeded to confiscate it.  It gave everyone nearby a vicarious thrill and a teensy scare of what-if.

I love to people-watch in airports.  Actually, I love to people-watch just about anywhere.  They fascinate me.  Plus, I can distract myself from my own problems, fears, and stressors by focusing on theirs.  Is that why reality shows are so popular?  And soap operas?  I hate those because they seem so contrived.  I like to observe in the natural habitat.  ;)

My lovely Galahad called me to wish me well and murmur sweet nothings in my ear (via my cell phone of course).  I missed his call as I was driving here because I had Crystal Method cranked up very LOUD.  I rarely get tired of listening to them.  Fortunately, I was able to call him right back.  He makes my heart smile.  =)

No comments: