Sunday, July 3, 2022

travel day

I made sure to watch what I ate today, so I didn't have a repeat of my previous painful transatlantic flight.  Yogurt and fruit for breakfast.  

But then I got hungry on the plane and ate all the crap they served.  And I felt fine.  I'm totally blaming that Newark airport food.

not as bad as it looks

best tasting water ever

And sadly, their messaging WiFi wasn't working, so I had to amuse myself for the whole trip.  I had my Kindle and audiobooks, which I interchanged as I got bored.


I managed to get through customs in Washington DC, and get to my gate as it was boarding.  There was a really long line at customs and only four agents on duty for US citizens, so it took close to an hour.  I breezed through with my carry-on bag.  So many people brought back bottles of whisky.  He didn't care about my new coffee mug.

On my flight back to Florida, I had a surprise when I boarded the plane and saw Mike Tyson aboard.  I did a double-take but then quickly looked away, so I wasn't rudely staring.  Everyone behind me wasn't as polite.  They finally had to make an announcement to stay in your fucking seat and quit going up to first class.  People were taking selfies with him and generally bothering him.  If he was half as tired as I was from his previous flight, I'm amazed that he didn't snap like last time some douchebag harassed him on a plane.

No comments: