Friday, July 1, 2022

another castle

We met some of their friends for coffee, outdoors on a cliff.  Sounds cold and blustery, right?  It was warm, and I was glad I was wearing a t-shirt.  

They have really nice friends.  I think that says a lot about a person -- the quality of their friends.  I learned that Scottish goodbyes are the exact opposite of Irish goodbyes.  We moved three times, closer to the cars, and spent at least 45 minutes saying goodbye.

From there, my friend and I split off and went to see another castle, Tantallon, and its grounds.   No gardens on this one, and the castle was closed again for "renovations" for an unspecified time with no progress made in two years.  It was peaceful to walk the grounds and see the coastline, though.

Tantallon Castle

Home for Wayward Pigeons

We meandered around for a bit and then went home.  I may have had a steak and haggis pie somewhere along the way.

steak and haggis pie
 

We had a celebratory dinner with a mouth-watering charcuterie board and some spirits to finish the night.  I had a few sips of a few bottles.








No comments: