Sunday, June 16, 2019

second flight


I met up with my nephew and his girlfriend for the looooong leg to Hawaii.  We hadn't figured out ground transportation for the three of us to our cottages.  My sister, her daughter, and Pop were supposed to arrive an hour before us and get a rental car.  When we landed, my phone blew up with so many text messages from everyone letting me know they had missed their flight. 

There was a medical emergency when we landed, so while I was waiting to deplane, I texted a few times back and forth and arranged our ride.  My niece's boyfriend had flown in prior and had room for us and our luggage in his rental car.

I had taken more migraine medication on the second leg, and I was in less pain but definitely cognitively impaired.  We both used our phones to navigate to our accommodations, and between the two of us, we found it okay.  I had previously helped my sister figure out the logistics of where everyone was sleeping, so I directed them to their respective cottages.

As soon as I got to mine, I changed into my bikini and hit the beach.

My cottage

No comments: