Wednesday, February 24, 2016

travel to the past, but with more flavor


Apparently, along with my magical hair, I have a magical cupboard.  I keep finding cans of food from long ago.  Recently I discovered a can of Sweetened Chestnut Puree, which I'm assuming I didn't purchase because I had no idea what it was and had to look it up.  Or maybe I did buy it because it does look interesting, and sometimes I impulse-buy weird foods.  The can was so old it didn't even have a website listed on it.  I guess 2003 was still new-ish for doing that.  Or maybe the French aren't as compulsive as Americans.

I texted Einstein, who I stumped because he doesn't cook with chestnuts.  After trying this can, I heartily recommend it.  Yes, the food inside was fine.  Tasted amazing.  Bonus, I didn't get sick.  I ended up mixing it in with my oatmeal (minus the cheese).  I added most of the other stuff I usually do, shredded coconut, chia seeds, butter, nuts, and unrefined salt.  Omg, fkn delicious.  I've been going easy adding it in because I can't eat too much sugar at once.  It's very scrumptious though.






No comments: