Wednesday, July 8, 2020

but does it fit?


After the gym, I decided it was time to buy new gym shoes.  Mine are at least seven years old, maybe more.  They still mostly work, but they look like ass and have a few worn spots.

I popped into a few retail stores, which were open (to my surprise).  They all had mask rules and customer capacity limits.  And they had limited inventory, too.  I found only three pair of shoes in my size.  Lame.

I didn't want it to be a complete waste of time, so I went looking for a sundress (one of my 2020 goals pre-pandemic).  I found four that I kind of liked in my size.  That was a bonanza as far as I was concerned.  I went to the fitting room and realized those are a thing of the past.  They recommend trying items on at home and returning them if necessary.

That seems extra cumbersome, expensive, and just as germ-ridden, if not more so.

I think buying a sundress will get pushed to next year.

No comments: