Thursday, September 19, 2019

exercise my anxiety away


My anxiety is tenacious.  It's not as bad as it was a few days ago, but it's not letting go.  Or maybe it is as bad, and I'm getting used to it.  UGH.

I've tried minerals, calming thoughts, grounding, medicinal alcohol, walks in nature, phoning friends, and even a massage.  Side note:  I'm excited to have found a good massage therapist nearby, who is also affordable.

As soon as I stop doing any of that, the anxiety comes right back.  Today I'm forcing myself to do bodyweight exercises and stretches every time I feel that skin-crawling feeling.  If nothing else, I'll be in better shape for my anxiety episodes.

I've almost completely lost my appetite and have been forcing myself to eat.  Fortunately I'd just gone on a Costco shopping trip last week, so I'm stocked up with all kinds of healthy food.  Of course, none of it feels appetizing, even the chocolate. 


No comments: